WordtoDreams

Word to Dreams

YA & NA Fiction At It's Best - Specializing in YA

Good Mixture of Tales

Southern Haunts: Spirits That Walk Among Us - Alexander S. Brown, J.L. Mulvihill, Robert K

All my life I’ve been a lover of the unknown.  May it be space, intelligent life on other planets or more earthbound unknowns such as poltergeists, telepathy, haunted houses or ghostly spirits. For those of you like me, you will truly enjoy this book of ghostly stories.

A mixture of funny, serious, scary and crazy stories, this book had me intrigued from the beginning to the end.  I found the switch up 0f the stories and their tones to be quite refreshing and non-distractive.  There are so many different books out there about ghosts you may wonder “why this one?”  My response is, “why not?”  It’s enjoyable, the stories aren’t as rigid and straight edged as others making it fun and worth your time.

So you wonder, with such a great review, why only 4 stars?  Even though I loved the stories, some of them just needed a bit more smoothing of the rough edges.  The story itself was good, but the path was a bit jagged.  A little more polishing would bring this book up there in the ratings.  Other than that, I recommend this to anyone who likes a good mixture of ghost stories.

Source: http://wordtodreams.wordpress.com/2013/06/14/review-southern-haunts-edited-by-alexander-s-brown-j-l-mulvihill