WordtoDreams

Word to Dreams

YA & NA Fiction At It's Best - Specializing in YA

Ethan, YA Paranormal Romance (Brightest Kind of Darkness Series Prequel, Novella #0.5)

Ethan - P.T. Michelle First I wish to thank the author P.T. Michelle for providing me a copy to read for an honest review. I fell in love with the series when I first read [b:Brightest Kind of Darkness|11948797|Brightest Kind of Darkness (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #1)|P.T. Michelle|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1327093449s/11948797.jpg|16331631] in September 2012. Ethan is a prequel to that book, but I would suggest reading it after BKOD. This prequel gives you a bit more info on Ethan and how he came to meet Nora. But a lot of the info you get from the BKOD book itself. It seemed to repeat a lot of the same issues/ideas, but was a good refresher for me. It just seems to tense up the reading, not letting it just flow.The author loses some of her direction with the upper level vocabulary used. For some bits it turned me off a little, and if she had used the word viscerally, or any of its forms, one more time I would have screamed. The scene with Ethan and Buddy was touching. The tears were streaming down my cheeks. The author captured the feelings perfectly. This reminded me of why I loved BKOD so much. P.T. Michelle, when she just lets it roll, can put you right into the book and you feel what the characters are feeling. If you are a new reader, I highly suggest reading Brightest Kind of Darkeness first, than this one, than onto Lucid. For those that have read BKOD but haven't gone further in the series, this will bring back things you may have forgotten and set you up to continue on. Also, for those that have read along with the series, stay tuned for Destiny scheduled for release on March 31, 2013!