WordtoDreams

Word to Dreams

YA & NA Fiction At It's Best - Specializing in YA

A Beautiful Dark

A Beautiful Dark - Jocelyn Davies Orphaned as a young child, the memories that Skye has of her parents are few and special. As she reaches her 17th birthday, she finds herself dealing with changes that are far unlike the changes of a normal teenager. Her eyes change into silver and quirky things start to happen when she gets upset. Just as sudden, two boys appear, cousins, so they tell everyone, who seem to both want Skye's attention. Both turn out to be angels, but both have their own agenda. Skye eventually pieces everything together, combining memories and the intervention of the angels. Who will she become? Who will she follow? Will she make it to her destiny?I enjoyed this book. It gave a fresh angel tale, unique in its own right. The characters attach themselves to you, and take you for a ride. The only thing I wasn't thrilled about was the teen drinking involved. Yes, teens drink, but I feel it could have been just as good of a story without as much of it in the book. Don't get me wrong, it's not rampant throughout the book, I just think it was in there more than necessary. The story has underlying threads of other stories. The story of Skye's parents, their choice, and the results of their choice. The stories of the Order and the Rebellion. The story of Skye; past, present and future. These stories all intertwined together make for a heck of a read in "A Beautiful Dark." The second book in the series is expected to come out in September 2012, it is called "A Fractured Light."