WordtoDreams

Word to Dreams

YA & NA Fiction At It's Best - Specializing in YA

Walking Disaster: A Novel

Walking Disaster - Jamie McGuire I received Walking Disaster as an ARC through NetGalley. This is the second book in the Beautiful series by author Jamie McGuire. I had read the first book, Beautiful Disaster, in January of 2012, after numerous friends had talked up the book. Here is the link to that review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/245809173. This book, like many other have stated, is nearly the exact same book as BD but in Travis’ point of view. For many readers, they just couldn’t get enough of Travis which will make this book sell in leaps and bounds. I enjoyed BD, but this book was just too much of a rehash for me. Don’t get me wrong, it was good, and I recommend it to those that really liked BD and even to those who haven’t read BD, they could read this as a standalone and might even like it better than they would the first book. What I really liked about this book was the Prologue. It helped me understand a lot about Travis from the get-go. Some of the anger I had towards his actions in BD were calmed and a new perspective opened up. There were some other endearing qualities reading his POV, but again, there was just to much of rehashing for me to really get into the whole story again. It would be really interesting to see how BD and WD would read if the author mashed the two stories into one book.