WordtoDreams

Word to Dreams

YA & NA Fiction At It's Best - Specializing in YA

Anna Dressed in Blood

Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake I've picked up this book before, and didn't read it until just the other day. First off, the book jacket does NOT give the story justice. There are so many layers to this story that I couldn't believe.This is NOT your typical ghost story. This is NOT your typical get-rid-of-ghost story. This is NOT your typical love story. Yes, for those that haven't read the book, there is an otherwordly romance that actually warms the heart.I agree with Lissa, another reviewer. This author gave us a no holding back, in your face, ghost story of epic porportions. There is so much going on, but the reader doesn't get lost in it all and finds them rooting for those that in the beginning they wouldn't have.I found all the characters to be pretty down to earth. There are some that I'd like to get more of the story on, ie Thomas and his grandfather. The story wasn't out of the world wacky, which can be hard for those trying to tell a good ghost story. Magic here, Voodoo there, just the right mix altogether.Kendare Blake is an author to watch. I look forward to reading more from her and more of Anna and Cas in "Girl of Nightmares" (Anna, #2).