WordtoDreams

Word to Dreams

YA & NA Fiction At It's Best - Specializing in YA

Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy - Kiersten White I actually really liked this book. Evie is a strong heroine, with a quirkiness that is just right. Working at the IPCA since she was a child, she still has a lot of spunk to her and the years have not made her "hard" but kept her curious and fun. She can round up a paranormal with Tazzy and her quick wit like no other can. She can see the real faces of the paranormals and not what us humans see. She has a best friend, who is a mermaid. Even though they can't hang out like normal friends do, they find a way that is good enough for them. She comes across Lend. She has found someone she can talk with, who lives a pretty normal teen life, even though he is a paranormal. What kind of paranormals are in this book? You name it. And the fairies get their fair share too. Evie deals with life, death, secrecy, disappointment, and a truth that was denied her before. One would think that all this would beat her down, but it only makes her stronger. Strong enough to face her biggest danger. One thing I wish the author had given more depth to was the relationship between Raquel and Evie. I think she just scratched the surface. There is so much more to Raquel's story and her motherly relationship with Evie that needs to be told.I look forward to reading the next book in this series, Supernaturally.