WordtoDreams

Word to Dreams

YA & NA Fiction At It's Best - Specializing in YA

Heart Pounding Curl-Yourself-Deeper-In-The-Sheets

Deceived - Julie Anne Lindsey

I wish to thank the author and tour coordinator for providing me a copy of this book for an honest review.

It’s not often you read a book that really has you guessing, but this one does that.  Maybe a bit too long.  My husband asked me, when I was around page 65, what the book was all about.  And I told him, honestly, I’m not sure.  Nothing had really happened so far that would provide a direction to the book, except that there was definitely a feel that things were not how they seemed and there was a creepiness settling on me as I read.  I’m a trooper though and wanted to get to the nitty gritty, so onward I went.

Gabriella, aka Elle, had moved quite a bit through her life.  Her father seemed to move them anytime things about her deceased mother came up.  A bit odd, but until now she never really thought anything of it.  The reader starts to realize that there’s way more to the story when she mentions a simple thing like ribbons to him and he gives her the military inquisition.  That must be his thing, because Elle really isn’t too fazed by it.

This book is full of suspense, mystery, thrills, heart pounding curl- yourself –deeper- in- the- sheets moments.  You will not want to put this book down for any reason because you will be like Elle and wanting answers.    And the romance, you will find yourself visualizing the sexiness of Brian and wondering to yourself just who this dude is.  Lastly, there is the bff that will have you wrapped around her finger in just a few short sentences.   Pixie is the type of friend that everyone secretly hopes for.  A bit out there but with a heart that’s so much bigger than her that she just sweeps you off your feet with her amazingness.

Looking for something that will have you jumping when the house creeks?  This is it.  Looking for something with a bit of romance and suspense mixed together?  This is it.  Looking for something that will grab you until the end?  This is it.  What are you waiting for?

Source: http://wordtodreams.blogspot.com/2013/09/reviewgiveaway-of-deceived-by-julie.html