WordtoDreams

Word to Dreams

YA & NA Fiction At It's Best - Specializing in YA

Sci Fi meets Dystopian meets Tech Thriller and NAILS IT!

Action, adventure, love, loss, friendship, hope, fear and the unknown.  These and many more things make up IXEOS:  Rebellion.  The rebels, not giving up, hiding and fighting off not only the Firsts but also the human gangs, are doing their best to outwit the enemy.

The action is never ending with this book, the story a fight for all things right.  I found myself cheering the rebels on, joining in on the merriment they celebrated, afraid of loss of one and saddened of the loss of another.  I couldn’t stop reading!  The reader gets to learn more about the characters and those who were in the background in the first book are given their time to shine.  We get to learn more about Darian, who we expected to be a lot like his father, but discover that in many ways he’s different.

This book starts and just keeps going forward.  The first book took care of the backstory and this book just lets you go for the ride with the characters, their plans, their discoveries and what it entails for the land and its people as a whole.  The author truly amazes me with how she figured out where things were, how the characters would get there, landmarks, etc.  She does it flawlessly but almost to the point that there’s just too much being tossed at the reader at one time.   I would suggest a couple maps inserted for the reader to reference just so they could see the scheme of the entire operation as a whole.

This book and the first have been categorized in several genres; dystopian, science fiction, tech thriller, etc.  It’s hard to pinpoint exactly what type of book it is, but I find that a bit refreshing.  I had read the first book a few months prior and was thrown a bit because it wasn’t a normal this or that type of book.  I wasn’t sure how I would take it in the end and I found that it was nice to be thrown for a loop and so I happily geared up for IXEOS:  Rebellion and was not disappointed.

I look forward to more books about IXEOS, the non-earth world, the rebels and the fight they bring to the table.  I recommend this to anyone who is looking for something outside of the box as a whole but definitely for the science fiction reader.

Go here to see my blog posting AND enter a giveaway!  http://wordtodreams.blogspot.com/2013/07/review-ixeos-rebellion-by-jennings.html

Source: http://wordtodreams.blogspot.com/2013/07/review-ixeos-rebellion-by-jennings.html