WordtoDreams

Word to Dreams

YA & NA Fiction At It's Best - Specializing in YA

After A Slow Start, Watch Out For The Action

Deceived, - L.A Starkey

Reading the title I was originally thinking, ugh, not another book about the dead.  Than I read the synopsis and couldn't wait to read this, because it was the complete opposite of that.  Love, soul mates, and the gods, all wrapped up in one novel.  Upon the start of the novel, I was ready to dig in and was ready for an all nighter if it came to that.  Unfortunately, it did not grab me as I thought it would.

Honestly, wrap the first half of this book into a chapter, or even a prologue and take it from there.  That's exactly how long it took before things started happening.  Yes, we are introduced to the characters, but not to the point that it really mattered.  The character development itself lacked in the beginning, all feeling a bit stiff and with no chemistry between themselves nor with the reader.  As a reader, it felt like I was getting nowhere with the story.

After that point, things pick up.  The prophecy is set in to motion and the action starts up.  The Greek mythology comes to the forefront, the theme intensifies and the fight is on. This is where the reader gets glued to the story and doesn't want to let go.  So much going on, layers of stories meshed together and the story finds its legs.  And of course, you are left with unanswered questions which will bring you wanting to read the next book as soon as possible.

A good start to a new series, readers who enjoy Greek mythology will find an interest in this book, along with those who like paranormal romances.  I look forward to reading the next book in this series.

Source: http://wordtodreams.blogspot.com/2015/02/review-giveaway-deceived-soul-keeper.html