WordtoDreams

Word to Dreams

YA & NA Fiction At It's Best - Specializing in YA

Creatura: 1

Creatura: 1 - Nely Cab First I want to thank the author, Nely Cab, for providing me a copy of her book for an honest review.

Creatura…”A fair number of unscrupulous deities used humans for their own pleasures. They conceived half-human, half-godlike creatures..resulted in abominations. They were evil and uncompassionate beings – savages. …caused humans to despise gods.”

This story has ups and downs, layers of different stories wrapped all into one, and is woven so well together that I was able to keep up with all the stories while enjoying each of them in their own right. The author provides a quick but complex teaching of greek mythology mixed with modern day and modern man influences. A love story with a twist at every turn of the story that you just don’t see coming and the author does it again and again. Amazing writing.

Unfortunately, the dialogue between the characters feels a bit choppy which distracted me from the story quite often. Also, David’s behavior just seemed a bit more off than it should have been. This disconnected me from what was going on in the story more often than it should have, to a negative impact. Other characters just didn’t seem to fall in streamlessly either, making it feel like a bit more needed to go into smoothing the interaction of the characters as a whole to keep the story flawless. But I must also explain to you, this story is also one that evolves as it goes on and do not overlook it just because of those points I made. You will find yourself craving the next page. And the ending, well, you will have to read it to find out.

I recommend this book to anyone who likes mythology mixed in with contemporary fiction. The material itself I would suggest to readers 14+. And for those wondering, this is the first book in a series and you will be wishing the next one was out when you get to the end. Nely Cab, thank you for the rollercoaster and I look forward to seeing what happens further in your Creatura world.