WordtoDreams

Word to Dreams

YA & NA Fiction At It's Best - Specializing in YA

Coral & Bone

Coral & Bone - Tiffany Daune I would like to thank the author for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Doing so does not change my review in any way.

Before I get into the actual review, I have to take a moment to talk about the amazing cover. How awesome is it? Beautiful, creepy, stunning, mesmerizing and tantalizing all in one. I just love looking at this cover and feeling the impact and impressions it gives me. I wish every author could have such a fabulous cover as this. Artist Nathalia Suellen never ceases to amaze me.

For many authors, just being able to bring forth their characters world in one area and describe it and construct it to give it the depths needed for the readers imagination is hard enough. Author Tiffany Daune takes that even further with creating not just one realm but two. The world we walk on and the realm underwater that holds many secrets. Many girls can relate to Halen, feeling a bit out of place and finding in ways that there is more to them than what you see.

Whenever I read a book for review, no matter who the author is, I always worry that maybe I won't like it. What if I can't get into it? What if I'm just not drawn to the characters? Thank the stars above, this book grabbed my interest from the start, the story line intrigued me, took me by the hand and guided me like a friend through lands of wonders. I was thrilled, bewildered, chilled and so much more. Growing up, I loved reading the tales of mermaids and sea creatures. The author took those tales, modernized them and provided a personal twist on them and she owned it from start to finish.

So many secrets, so many layers of stories, so many levels of lies, so very devilish in a most delicious way. Anyone who has even considered reading a book that centers around paranormal sea creatures, should pick this book up. They won't want to put it down. Take a break from all the other paranormal out there, this book opens up a whole new world to you. Bring on the adventures!