WordtoDreams

Word to Dreams

YA & NA Fiction At It's Best - Specializing in YA

Prophecy

Prophecy - Vivi Anna Magic, mystery, maps, spirits, dimensions, elves, sorcerers and more. This is a story that, even if you aren't into this type of book, keeps your interest. The magic that is played out is more evolved than you read in many stories. There is a maturity that surrounds it and you will be delighted. Even with all these things put into one book, it is more of an adventure romance than fantasy.

What I liked was that even with all the different characteristics going through the story, there wasn't too much of any of it. The reader was given a consistent dose of the unusual, but not to the point that it was drowning. I normally don't read this type of book, but I found that it kept my interest throughout and I kept rooting for Corina and Rhys to get together. Now, I haven't read the first book in the series and honestly it didn't feel like I was missing out. The story touched on what happened in the first just enough to keep me from being lost.

You see the story come to life, the characters changing from their own personal goals to ones that encompass others. You learn what makes each of them tick and there is an understanding of why each person is the way they are. Unfortunately, you don't really come to an end result and I found that frustrating.

Now, the story has been tagged as steampunk. The majority of the book barely touches on what you would consider a steampunk book, but the final 1/4 of the book gives you more to go off of. I would have liked to see more throughout the book itself.

Do I recommend this book? Yes. To whom? Anyone who likes adventure, mixed with romance topped off with a touch of cat and mouse.