WordtoDreams

Word to Dreams

YA & NA Fiction At It's Best - Specializing in YA

Lost and Found

Lost and Found  - Nicole  Williams The opening batter between Rowen and Jesse set up this story wonderfully. The reader quickly gets a feel of the story to come and the tension of the romance is set. Rowen, young and hard headed who had set up walls to her peers previously and a carefree Jesse who seems to be able to take hold of any situation and roll right along with it. I was eager to read on and see how everything was going to play out. I was not disappointed.

I hadn’t read anything by Nicole Williams before but have heard great things about her previous works, especially [b:Crash|15757434|Crash (Crash, #1)|Nicole Williams|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1342588706s/15757434.jpg|21450735]. The women in a goodreads group I’m associated with have had nothing but great things to say about her writing. Unfortunately I’m not a big reader of contemporary romance, but Lost & Found has me kicking myself in the butt for not reading her other works. Her writing has a flair to it and what would have been a typical story was brought to a level of life that makes her one of the best contemporary writers of her time and will be relished and read by not only the young but older alike.

“I’d accepted that if I wanted to go to art school., I’d have to pay a pain price to get there.”

This line gives us an insight of Rowen. You could feel the hurt she was going through to get to where she wanted to get to. You could also feel the underlying push/pull of her relationship with her mother. You wanted to cheer her on and help her make it to the fulfillment of her dream. Many people can relate to Rowen, a girl who was on the verge of going out into the world but with a wavering confidence in herself and the world around her. Labels placed upon you but with you knowing that these labels don’t really fit who you really are, but you aren’t ready to let those around you see you for your true self. Thankfully she lets Jesse know the real her and finds that what she thought might push him away actually does the opposite.