WordtoDreams

Word to Dreams

YA & NA Fiction At It's Best - Specializing in YA

Darker Days

Darker Days - Jus Accardo I would like to thank the author for providing me a copy of her book for an honest review.

I wasn’t sure how I was going to like this book. Honestly, I don’t remember requesting to read it for review, but it was provided to me so I did and I’m glad I did. This book is takes the entire bad boy, good girl theme and provides tons of twists and turns that will have you amazed that you actually were able to follow along.

The Seven Deadly Sins are given a new life in this book. They are given substance that I never would have ever considered done and the author does it without seeming to blink an eye. The reader is tossed into the turmoil created by the sins and Wrath is given an even more structure to it. I’m not one for book boyfriends, but Lukas is definitely a hot commodity that is worth the effort and Jessie’s dad seemed quite a Dave Navarro look alike, yum!

What I didn’t like is that there times when there is just too much going on. Trying to sketch out the scene in your mind was just too hard because of all the action going on while trying to figure out which sin was causing the commotion and how to get it to stop. That’s about all that I didn’t like. The characters themselves were strong. I could see Jessie in the match up with some of the other contemporary paranormal book females and kicking their ass’s one right after the other.

I recommend this to ages 15+ due to some subject matter and violence. Anyone who likes a good paranormal thriller mixed with romance and chaos would welcome this into their reading lists and finish wanting more.