WordtoDreams

Word to Dreams

YA & NA Fiction At It's Best - Specializing in YA

Covert Assignment

Covert Assignment - Missy Marciassa I wish to thank the author for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Suspense, romance, betrayal, hot/raw sex, friendship and “sampling” all rolled into one book makes for quite the wow factor. This book had my attention from page 1 all the way to The End. This book, definitely an 18+ one, added some spice where one would think the total geek would win over. Thankfully the spice won out.

The story starts in the 4th year of college, but Elle had already received her Bachelor’s and was finishing up her Masters. Yes, she’s smart, but she also took classes through the summer breaks instead of dealing with two sets of parents who seemed to just toss her aside like a spare. Dealt a serious blow with her boyfriend of two years, it threw her final semester at this college into chaos. Her ability with numbers, variables, and all things Information Science along with her thesis work caught the eye of a group that found it useful to an advantage that few would even consider. In turn Elle finds herself rethinking her future and growing in leaps and bounds with self-confidence and more.

I have to say; all along I was expecting this story to take a certain twist on me. I was expecting Preston to not be who he portrayed himself to be. The attacks were somewhat played out well, but needed a bit more to them to seem more believable. I also felt a bit more snarkiness would have been fitting in the way her relations with Adam played out. Now, the hot factor was there, but just not enough. The author gave us readers some very informative reading but I feel that she kind of teased us with it. Like here you go, than smacking our hand away when we wanted more.

Like I said earlier, this is definitely an 18+ book. Anyone who likes some sexual hotness mixed with braininess and a thriller would devour this book in a heartbeat. If you are looking for Fifty Shades, this is not it. If you are looking for Alex Cross, this is not it. If you are looking for something light, fun with a touch of drama, this is it.