WordtoDreams

Word to Dreams

YA & NA Fiction At It's Best - Specializing in YA

Peaceful Genocide

Peaceful Genocide - J.A. Reynolds I would like to thank the author for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Having just finished this book and everything is still fresh in my mind; I can honestly say that I feel that I’ve been put through the wringer and amazingly came back in one piece. I can’t say the same for the characters in this book though. This book starts off running and just keeps on going from there. Do not let the cover detract you from this book; there is a smart and equally strong story beyond that.

First off, I just want to add that even though the synopsis gives you two characters, there are so many more that are involved in this storyline. There are more like Mitzi and Deuce and there is the other side too. Mystery for those brought into the program where the true purpose of the program isn’t known until near the very end. But the end is not even close for a couple of the characters involved.

During this book, you slowly get some answers, but even then there are more questions that pop up. Not just in the story but questions the reader will start wondering about after the last page has been read. Luckily, this isn’t the last of the story, but like many books out there today, it’s just the beginning. A thriller for the YA crowd that will have them thinking and not wanting to put this book down for a moment. As an adult myself, I also recommend this to readers of any age who like a good suspenseful thriller.

What I didn’t like about this book is that it brought up things about characters, but didn’t expand on them. How were they found by the OWR? What exactly happened to Mitzi growing up? Why did these things happen to her? Did any of their families know what they were being signed up to do? Those that had done other studies, where they done by the OWR too? Something tells me that Mitzi’s life could be a supporting novella to this series. She’s hot headed, quick to lash out, abused in the past by those close to her but that girl just keeps on pushing through and leaving you wanting her to come out on top.

I look forward to at least a sequel of this book and will be checking back regularly.