WordtoDreams

Word to Dreams

YA & NA Fiction At It's Best - Specializing in YA

Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect - Elisabeth Grace I would like to thank the author for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

First off, kudos to the author for having an original cover that isn't being splashed on every other book out there. I don't know about you, but to me it seems that many books coming out lately have the same cover as about three other popular books at the same time. Pleasing to the eye, the font and color choices really make this book eye catching and I'm a cover person. If the cover is boring, I will normally pass it by. Honestly, if it wasnt' for the Hunger Games movie I probably still wouldn't have read it because I didn't like the original covers of that series.

This story brings together two different type of people and places them in a setting so seamlessly that it is quite amazing. For those that like a hot read, this will have you checking your blood pressure because you will feel the heat. The tensions between Landon and Skye are like mini bolts of electricity that they want to bring caution to even though they know, deep down, that they would be polarizing together. Coming out of an abusive relationship, Skye is extra cautionary but finds the freedom with Landon that she thought only existed in books, but she also finds bumps in the road to get to that point.

The characters in this book are genuine and one could easily see themselves or a friend or two in them. The author isn't creating some whimsical romantic tale, but a story that is relatable and characters that you want to know from the start. The story doesn't bog you down with extras that many others do, the author gets you to the story and keeps you there until the end but than keeps you there even longer as you digest the full book upon completion.

Now, after all this, you may think, whoa, I'm not sure if I want to endure such a heavy tale. Trust me, the pages will fly by and you will not want to separate yourself from the book at all. A perfect beach, rainy, wintry, all season weather read, you will be engrossed so I suggest not reading while trying to fix dinner because the storyline will not be the only thing smoldering, so will your dinner or worse yet, your kitchen.

A 18+ book, for those that enjoy contemporary romance. You will not be disappointed.