WordtoDreams

Word to Dreams

YA & NA Fiction At It's Best - Specializing in YA

After Star (Curse of the Beast #3)

After Star (Curse of the Beast #3) - Ashley Lavering I would like to thank the author for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Doing so does not sway my review in any way.

I was a little skeptical when I started reading this book, because honestly, I have not read the first two. Thankfully the author provided just enough of the characters story at just the right times that I wasn't stumbling over what was going on. Now, even if I had, I wouldn't have docked it any points because it's obviously my own fault for not reading the first two books.

From the very beginning of this book, I was swept into the story and didn't want to come up for air. I was completely intrigued with the characters and story line and felt a pull towards them. This was refreshing for me, because lately there's been a bit of lack of chemistry in books between the characters themselves and story line to reader.

As this books progressed, the author provided perfectly executed tidbits of information that she's kept from the reader or had them guessing at. Just enough to give you the aha moments with the knowledge that there's so much more to learn. This books is full of betrayals, revenge and the strive to find pure happiness amidst the former.

I recommend this book and series to anyone who likes a good paranormal romance mixed with werewolves and shape shifters. A fairy tale retelling that trumps so many that have sprung up lately. I look forward to reading more from author Ashley Lavering.