WordtoDreams

Word to Dreams

YA & NA Fiction At It's Best - Specializing in YA

Repossession

Repossession - Rachael Wade I would like to thank the author for providing me a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Providing such does not sway my review in any way.

Now this is a unique scifi/dystopian novel. The book starts right after the invasion of the town of Morton, where our heroine Skylla lives with her parents, and the action starts up very quickly after that. We are introduced to the Invaders and the author describes them so well I could envision them quickly and smell their stench in my imagination. The invaders reminded me a bit of Skitters from the TNT show Falling Skies. Sky is saved by what she thought was a traitor, but is just really a guy who wants nothing more than to get to the camps and save his sister.

As the story goes on, with the action at a constant, a romance is bound by the unknowing if they will be alive not just the next day, but the next moment. This is where I felt the author strayed a bit and added some graphic sex scenes that just didn't need to be there. I'm not saying to take the sex out of the picture, but innuendos would have served just as well and made the novel acceptable for a wider age range.

I have to say, with the Seven Shepherds, which reminded me of the Sleepers in the rebooted version of Battlestar Galactica, I wasn't surprised by who was the Seventh. I actually had a feeling it was going that way for the majority of the story. I knew something was up and when the info on the shepherds was first talked about, I quickly put it together.

Jett, love that guy. He's not only a hottie in looks and emotions, he's quite frank and upfront. He will let you know how it is and where to put it if you don't like it. Very protective of Sky from the beginning, I was entranced with him from the beginning. By the end, I wanted to scream for him.

Kale...I really can't go too much in to him without giving away a lot. Let's just say, he's a spineless jerk. A wolf in a sheep's clothing.

The ending really took my breath away. It was so not what I was expecting and most authors would not have gone there. Part of me is dumbstruck while another part of me knows what a good move this was for the storyline and I give kuddos to the author.

I recommend this to anyone who wants a different take on aliens, invasions and sleeper agents. The book also dives into a different history of our Earth, the Big Bang Theory totally nose dives along with many other theories. I look forward to reading the next two books in this trilogy and can't wait to see where the author takes us with them.